From the Back Cover
Electric Motor Drives is a comprehensive book for seniors, graduates, and practicing engineers. Designed to motivate students and professional engineers alike, the book emphasizes a systematic approach to motor drives based on physical insight and practical implementation aspects. DC and AC drives share the same pedagogical framework throughout. Present day practice as well as recent research and development are covered.
- System equations are derived from first principles based on a physical understanding of the machine. It is therefore distinct from other books in that it does not rely on the reader’s memory.
- Each of the motor drives is illustrated with an industrial application in detail at the end of chapters to enable readers to relate theory to practice.
- Current and speed controller designs have been standardized throughout the book to emphasize the commonality of the drive design.
- Interrelationships between subsystems and the performance of the integrated system are derived and illustrated with a large number of simulation results.
- Readers can check the validity of their simulation software by correlating their findings with the simulation results given in the book.
- Basic concepts are illustrated with numerous analysis and design examples.
- Each chapter contains discussion questions to reinforce the reader’s understanding, and to help them probe advanced topics independently with the help of references. Download Now